Friday, February 26, 2010

Oh The Weather Outside is Frightful...

...and even with all the snow, my walk to the subway was so delightful.


Good Morning Dean Street!



I was avoiding the sidewalk for another reason today. But here...

you can clearly see that NYC is a pedestrian city; cars are second-class citizens.

As I was walking, I thought for a minute or so that the subway would be less crowded with people not going to work. I was very wrong. Although (thank goodness) the trains were running, many were delayed, forcing die-hard passengers to pack themselves into cars like sardines, praying there was enough oxygen for the ride under the river. I wanted to take a picture of this, but since moving my arm to get my camera from my pocket would have forced me to elbow someone in the face, I opted not to. Instead I held on to the poles in the train hoping I wouldn't fall over on a sharp turn, resulting in (although hilarious) domino-effect of others falling.


Although the snow accumulated in Brooklyn, Manhattan was more of a slushy, snowy wet mess.


I am in the shadow of the Chrysler Building everyday on my walk to work. I love this city.

It's suppose to keep snowing throughout today and into the evening commute. I'm suppose to head to Rockland tonight to pick up a few things and hitch a ride with my parents to my cousin's birthday party tomorrow. Hanging out with a dozen 6-year-olds on a farm in this weather? My excitement has slowly dwindled.

1 comment: