Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I'm Just Going To Call it a Blizzard



We are not getting passed over this time. My parents house and NYC just fall into the 12+ inches range. We will join already clobbered DC and Philadelphia in February's Flurry Frenzy.

I like to think NYC knows how to handle snow a little better than some other cities. DC has 146 heavy duty snow plows, and I believe NYC has almost double that. But apparently we've gotten a little more cautious in recent years. NYC Public School kids already found out they have the day off tomorrow. Damn you Mayor Bloomberg for denying that uncertain "Will I get a snow day feeling" to children. I remember carefully listening to the WRCR on snowy mornings with my Mom to see if "Clarkstown Central School District" was closed or delayed. I'd cross my fingers, put a spoon under my pillow and wear my pajamas inside out and backwards to get that snow day.

Sadly, I can't listen to the radio to hear if "Medialink" is closed for snow. Doesn't work like that anymore. :(

4 comments:

  1. actually, dc only has 3/4 of that # of plows:
    http://wtop.com/?nid=25&sid=1884422

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i'll have to remember to put a spoon under my pillow! umd has been closed since last friday. its a good year to be a student!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Message to Discovery employees at 7 p.m. Feb. 10:
    "Despite severe weather conditions Discovery offices in Maryland will be open tomorrow Feb. 11 starting at 9 a.m."

    Message to Discovery employees at 9:35 a.m. Feb. 11:
    :"Please do not come into the office unless you live next door and have a good pair of snow boots. It's too treacherous out there."

    Jerks.

    ReplyDelete