Friday, March 5, 2010

Mmmm Cupcakes

So my birthday was yesterday, but I'm not going to write about that yet. Instead, I'm going back in time to a few weeks ago, when my dear friend Jillian celebrated her 24th birthday. Today, I was stealthy able to upload pictures on my camera to my work computer using my blackberry charger. Hooray!

(This should have been dated February 16th) What's great about living back in New York is being able to celebrate birthdays with people I'd previously only be able to call up or send a card. (Or in mine and Jillian's case, give each other gifts months later when we actually were in the same city.)

But now, things are different. And we rejoice, with cupcakes!


Jillian organized a girly cupcake decorating party equipped with delicious homemade cupcakes, pastel-colored frosting and sprinkles!! We each got two cupcakes and went to town, turning these tasty vanilla cakes into tasty colorful works of art!



Clearly I would be the one to make a smiley face on my cupcake.


The night was also filled with catching up with old friends, lots of laughing and a screening of "Julie and Julia" in the apartment. (Because there wasn't enough estrogen already in the room!) I could only eat one cupcake there so I thought it would be smart to bring the other one home.

I did not realize the power of the New York City subway. But don't worry, it didn't go to waste. It's just a little smooshed, it's still good, it's still good!

It makes me a little sad to know that people I celebrated birthdays with the past few years are now the people I can only call up on that special day. But I have to admit, it's a lovely change of pace celebrating birthdays in a new city, with new fun activities and hopefully some new adventures along the way!

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha those cupcakes are amazing! And still look delicious. Hopw you had a fun night. Can't wait to see you next weekend!

    ReplyDelete