Friday, February 5, 2010

Snowpocalypse or Snowbomination?

I got an UMD text alert at 5:30 this morning (I need to figure out how to get off those) that school was cancelled today because of impending snow.

"This is going to be big" I grumbled to myself as I tried to fall back asleep. But then I thought, maybe we'll get hit! I live in New York now, snow is a natural part of life.

Three inches.

That's it. It's a snowtravaganza down south, and we're getting nothing! What happened to the days when my weatherman would say, "The snow will make its way into the city, but North and West will get hit the hardest." I'm North and West of the city! What is this? Damn you southern storm!

I keep telling myself it's a good thing I'm missing this. Because if I was down in DC still, I'd be working, not playing, in this snowtastropy, and that's no fun.

So to all my DC friends, good luck this weekend. Take lots of pictures, throw lots of snowballs and stay cozy inside. I'll run my errands like I planned, which will hopefully include signing off on an apartment in Brooklyn, but more on that later.

3 comments:

  1. It started a few hours ago but is just now starting to stick at all. Very pretty. Oh, and you may ask yourself "how is she writing this from work?" Well, work let out 4 hours early because of the snow. Just wanted to rub it in a little. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay so for whatever reason this didn't post last time, but now they're saying we could see 20-30 inches. 20 TO 30 INCHES OF SNOW?!!? Holy cats. BTW, We miss you lots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just heard a woman at the grocery store complaining about how there's no more cheese.

    ReplyDelete