Tuesday, February 23, 2010

But Who Going To Enjoy My Mom's Amazing Brownies Now?

Who doesn't love a good bake sale?


But for some NYC kids, they will never get the chance to experience the joy

I understand the reasoning behind it. Childhood obesity is a growing problem (literally!), and schools need to cut the fat (pun intended).

When I was growing up, I would help (okay, sometimes help) my Mom bake whenever my class needed something for a party, birthday or bake sale. It was great Mommy and me time and my Mom's desserts are always (almost always, sorry Mom) AMAZING!

And besides, if these parents are like my parents, they have sweet tooth's as well. Bakes goods aren't going away. We'll just find another excuse to break out the cookie pan and butter.

Why can't we just say Bake Sales are a "sometimes" event? It worked for Cookie Monster.

No comments:

Post a Comment