Wednesday, January 27, 2010

You Gotta Beat the Beat!

I'm a little behind. But my love for this guilty pleasure deserves a mention:

My brother and I have had battles over the remote control from as long as I can remember. I distinctly recall a few times getting rug burn in one of our more epic battles. And for people who've met my brother, he has about eight inches and at least 60 pounds on me. So guess who won?

But the argument would stop every Thursday while the two of us watched The Jersey Shore together.

Yes, I watched and fully enjoyed, The Jersey Shore. And what else I loved about this show? All the news stories about how many begrudgingly and shamefully admit just how much they love the show.

Here are a few of my favorite articles:

1. My curiosity in the show began with this article from The New York Times. When The New York Times can make a show that centers itself around GTL (Gym, Tan, Laundry for non-fans)sound smart, I had to take a look.

2. A top ten list!? Love. A top ten list of the best Jersey Shore catchphrases?! Even better.

3. The news is out that the whole cast will be returning for a second season. Not that I'm against this, but I have a sad feeling that they will never be able to replace the purity of the first go around. How many times can you be a grenade, Pauly D.? Really?

4. And finally just because I'm already thinking of fun MTV reality spin offs. Can we call it Jersey Mom? Or I met a guy at Karma and all I got was this surprise pregnancy?

No comments:

Post a Comment