Sunday, January 17, 2010

It's a Lazarus Family Extravaganza!

Every time my family would come down and visit me at school, I would call it a "Lazarus Family Extravaganza." That's because it was never just my parents coming down for the weekend. It was my parents and my brother, or my parents, my brother, my aunt and uncle. We travel in packs. And now that I'm back at home, it's an "extravaganza" almost every other weekend.

Last weekend, we took my Grandma out to lunch for her 88th birthday. She now lives in what my brother calls "a college dorm for old people" right in Rockland, so it's easy for us to see her.
Guess Grandma didn't know we were taking a picture. But she couldn't help it, look at all that ice cream in front of her!

This weekend was my cousin Cameron's 3rd birthday party. It was at a firehouse in Stamford, CT. All the little ankle-biters got to play around in a fire truck and see the firefighters in their gear. They even got to ride around in the truck with all the lights and sirens. I felt like I was back on a elementary school field trip. My kids are totally going to have educational birthday parties.



I didn't actually take any pictures while we were in the firehouse, but the truck kind of looked like this.





As much as my family is loud and all over the place, I really missed these functions while I was away. I wasn't there for a lot of these birthday parties or random dinners and lunches, and it's been fun getting back into the swing of things. I can already feel my New York accent getting thicker.

No comments:

Post a Comment