Thursday, January 7, 2010

Crackberry

Meet the big slap in the face that reminded me I now work in Corporate America and not the journalism industry:
Now this is not my exact blackberry. I'm on AT&T's service, and mine has a few "character dings", and let's be honest, seen better days. This one vaguely looks like the blackberry my Dad had when I was in high school.
The fact that my company was so adamant that I have one kinda boggles my mind. And in no way did I expect them to go out and buy me a new one. I'm not that important. But at least could I have one that fits in the case provided to me?

I have already learned a few fun quirks about this particularly blackberry:
1. When searching through my bag, it's determined to always be found before my personal cell phone.
2. The screen only shows the following colors:grey, white, black, blue and orange. So if anyone has any images of Mets apparel, they can send it to my work e-mail.
3. My blackberry vibrates twice for e-mails. My cell phone vibrates three times for text messages, and continuously when someone is calling. I'll wait for the third vibrate to actually being the dig through the bag.

But now the next big step in bonding with my newest electronic device is naming it. So far I've called it The Brick, Blackie the Blackberry and Mabel (just for fun), but I'm not sure if any of them are worthy to be come the permanent name.

Anyone have suggestions?

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, I love that steve was censored! I recommend NOT blackie...may sound horrible when you start cursing at it...

    ReplyDelete