Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I Get By With A Little Help From My Friends

Living in New York has been wonderful these past few months. And now with the warmer weather finally on its way, I see clear skies, sunny days and cool breezes in my future.

But before that, we got rain. Not just a drizzle, but the raining cats and dogs kind of storm. (I like to pretend I'm the mother on HIMYM with my yellow umbrella.)

We all know, "when it rains, it pours." Well that part came true thanks to Mother Nature, but it also could be used to describe the slew of Maryland friends who made the trek to Brooklyn this past weekend.
It first started with the arrival of my dear, former roomie, Amy. We braved the monsoon to walk around my neighborhood and discovery Brooklyn.
I think she would have braved a tsunami combined with a hurricane and tornado for a New York bagel. Luckily, there's a good bagel shop two blocks from me.
Anyway, after a little shopping and a little baking (annual hostess birthday cupcakes!), we took the subway up to Green Point, to meet up with our guy friends, who made a 24-hour trip to NYC for a concert.

Concert was great, cupcakes were awesome.

After an memorable taxi ride (funniest cab driver who blasted "Billie Jean" and "Thriller" on our way down the BQE), we were back near my apartment. But before we headed home, we made one more stop...to see Lauren and Tad! They were in town for Lauren's brother's 30th birthday.

It was such a wonderful change of pace to see some of my favorite, familiar faces from college. It's these weekends where I realize just how much I miss seeing these people on a regular basis. The next time I see them all probably won't be until April (Maryland Day!), so it felt so great to catch up, even if it was for only one, rainy night.

No comments:

Post a Comment