Wednesday, December 30, 2009

So Bashert: A Very Gluck and Company X-Mas

I now believe in Christmas miracles. Okay, this was maybe not a miracle, but just so "bashert" (Yiddish for fate or destiny)that there had to be some higher power that made the stars (or better yet, the NYC Subway and NJ Transit) align for this to actually happen.

I had heard early Christmas Eve day that a few of my friends from back in the day NFTY-GER were getting together for Chinese food and movies that night. I didn't think much of it, and continued my my day work and happily left early.

After rushing through crowds in the Subway and Penn Station, I had about 15 minutes to wait at Secaucus Junction before my train back to Rockland would arrive.

I felt a tap on my shoulder. It was my friend Erica from GER! After the initial "what are you doing in New York" questions were asked, she informs me that she's heading down to our friends Shira and Ellie Gluck's house for said get together, and invited me along.

I love how sometimes plans can change so quickly for the better. I was expecting a night at home watching my parents fall asleep on the couch. Instead, I was in a car on my way to a good-old fashioned girls slumber party!

After TONS of Chinese food as well as "Clueless", "Love Actually" and "Dirty Dancing", I kept having flashbacks to my weekends in high school, being with my GER ladies. Some things, even after years apart, never change.

So call it just a freak coincidence. Or just a bit of good luck that I didn't have a boring Christmas. I consider it my little Christmas miracle that brought me back to good friends, really good food, and lots of fun!

Just like 2003 all over again. But with wine.

1 comment:

  1. let's bring these snuggles down to dc please for me...miss you girls!!!
    miss emily.

    ReplyDelete