Thursday, December 17, 2009

Old Dream, New Reality

This move is 5 1/2 years in the making.
I've always considered myself a misplaced New Yorker that in the future, would get pointed in the right direction and finally head back up that I-95 corridor one last time.
I would get a job in NYC, really start to believe the mantra, "I'm from New York, therefore I'm better than you", and grow fat and happy from all the delicious bagels, pizza and Chinese food I would regularly eat to make up for lost time. Now that journey is only a day and a half away, and that new job in the city begins in just four days.

So a few things:
1. I realized that my previous attempt at a blog failed because there really was no exact theme to most of the posts. At least this time I hope it's different.
2. This blog will (hopefully) be about making up for lost time with my family and friends in NYC, finding fun (and reasonably priced) things to do in the most expensive city in the country, and treasuring weekend nights, now that my job isn't forcing me to go to bed at 9pm to get up for a 4am shift.
3. You never actually realize how much stuff you've accumulated until you have to pack it all up.


This is just some of the stuff that will hopefully fit into my scratched-up Ford Taurus. A trunk load of stuff and then some went back with the boy last week.
I'm also packing my car up alone because no one else is in-between jobs and can help on a random Thursday or Friday afternoon. Damn employed friends.

Goal Today: Use old-school Tetris skills to efficiently pack my trunk and backseat. Lets hope it's possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment