Sunday, December 20, 2009

Oh The Weather Outside Is Frightful...

As much as I wanted to see all of my friends before I moved back to New York, leaving a day early to avoid the impending snow cracked the Top Ten in the "Best Decisions I Ever Made" category. I scrambled to shove everything I owned into my car and was on my way by around 12:30pm Friday.

After 6.5 hours, D.C. traffic, Delaware construction traffic, a major accident on the NJ Turnpike and then NJ rush hour traffic, I was finally home.



This is when I thought it might be smart to take a detour around Exit 7 of the Turnpike. Turns out it had road construction.







Not a happy camper.








But this traffic would have been nothing had I stayed in DC another 12 hours. Not only did I avoid the Blizzard of 2009 (My town only got about 6-8 inches), I missed producing round-the-clock coverage of the snow storm on ABC 7/Newschannel 8. Odds are, I would have ended up sleeping in the newsroom so I wouldn't die going back and forth from my shift. Now as cool as it sounds to be in a newsroom covering this storm, I have a pretty good feeling I would have still hated waking up at three in the morning to be a part of it.


See, not so bad. We missed the brunt of the storm.
NYC got about a foot.






I think even Donkey liked the snow! (Or at least, didn't run back inside when she realized her paws were cold)






Now just a few more hours before I finally join the masses on the "Case of the Mondays" commute into NYC. Excuse me while I stay warm by the fire....
How Delightful!

1 comment: