Tuesday, April 13, 2010

"Dear John," More Like "Dear Jose"

Dear Tequila,

We need to talk. Over the years, our relationship has been smooth sailing. We met late in college, after I did my first shot of you with classmates, my dean and other professors at the senior luncheon for my journalism school. A lick of the salt, the sip of the drink and a bite of the lime and I was hooked.

After that, our relationship turned more casual. Shots with friends during a night out. Shots with my family at my cousin's wedding. Shots to celebrate life at journalism happy hours. And even mixing you with lovely fruity drinks to add to the delicious elixir.

But last night, our relationship took a bit of a turn. Those margaritas I shared with my parent's friend Jane at dinner were fantastic, but little did I realize just how much of you was happily sitting in my glass. It wasn't until I stood up to use the restroom that I realized, I was taken advantage of by my beverage! I was being smothered, and the empty glass was laughing at me!

As dizzy as I was starting to feel, it didn't end there. Another drink was ordered (thanks Jane) as well as the request to finish at least half. So I did, knowing I may regret this later.

So tequila, my fine friend, it was both our faults. I shouldn't have let myself be taken advantage of, but what's a girl to do when you're so tasty and delicious?

I think it's best we take a break. Just for a little while. I need to reassess my drinking priorities, see other drinks even, and learn from both our mistakes. I know we'll meet again, but don't provoke me. I'll find you when I'm ready to fall off the wagon again.

Love,
Sam

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh drinking with Kunkel and Olive, those were the days...

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as it was Petron, the hangover is not too bad. One Tequila, 2 Tequila, 3 Tequila, Floor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best. Senior. J-school. Event. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, you are totally being fed shots of tequila this weekend, so you know.....

    ReplyDelete